Assistant Research Professor
Civil & Environmental Engineering
Dr. Xinyi Shen received his PhD degree in Remote Sensing from Peking University, Beijing, China. His dissertation was on soil moisture retrieval using microwave remote sensing modelling techniques. His research was fully supported by HyDROS Lab at the University of Oklahoma. He is currently working as a postdoctoral associate in the HyDROS lab at the University of Oklahoma.
Dr. Shen’s research experience as post-doctoral associate at OU includes the following:
- The leading developer of the University of Oklahoma and NASA founded distributed hydrologic model, CREST and CREST-iMAP and of an associated global geomorphologic product.
- Soil moisture retrieval using microwave remote sensing models.
- Coupling soil moisture-microwave remote sensing models and distributed hydrological models to produce a consistent soil moisture product.
His investigations have revealed very interesting results which have been:
- Published in IEEE Transactions on Geosciences and Remote Sensing (TGRS), Radio Science, Sensors and Optics Express of this field: ·
- Presented at American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall meetings